Saturday, September 6, 2008

Scripture Saturday - Habakkuk 2:2-4


The Scripture verse for today comes from Habakkuk 2:2-4

Then the LORD answered me and said:

“ Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
“ Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.

As I was looking at the making of the movie for Flywheel, the first movie from the makers of Facing the Giants, I heard one of the producers mention this verse. They posted it above the Macs they were working on to produce the film. I am using it now to encourage me with the visions God has given me.

Has God given you a vision? Do you have a vision hidden away on a scrap of paper somewhere in your house? Well it's time to find it. If God has birth a vision in your heart maybe He wants you to act on it now. No matter how BIG or small it is, give it to God. "The just shall live by faith." Believe that He can do it. Don't be afraid of trying.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hello Everyone:
What I found jotted on one of my pieces of the notes I'd written although not a vision, were two pieces of Scripture that I'd planned to share some Saturday, They are somewhat related in that they refer to the thought process, and seem to be in line with the scripture verse for today, so I'll share them both.

"Capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ"
-2 Corinthians:5 (N.C.V.)

"Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life"
-Proverbs 4:23 (N.C.V.)

Andrew said...

Thanks Dawn. I needed to hear those scripture verses. God Bless