Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Talk Tuesday-The Unseen


Our journey with the Lord is one of constant growth and stretching. Our imagination is stretched as our faith grows. We are required to trust God, whom we cannot see, while standing in the midst of our trials which we do see. That does not mean that we do not have to pass through the fires. It does mean, however, that we will not get burned (Isaiah 43:2) In 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 the apostle Paul reminds us that:

"... our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Isn't comforting to know that God does not waste our pain? I find it brings me peace. I know that my Abba Father is transforming me more into His image and likeness, developing Christ-likeness in me. It is like the awful tasting medicine that your parents gave you as a child. You hated it but it made you better and stronger.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

God is faithful. I am attempting to lay at the foot of the cross what is seen in exchange for what is unseen.

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

May God strengthen you as you face life's rugged terrain.

No comments: