Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Talk Tuesday- Suffering is Never in Vain


God is faithful to us even in the midst of the storm. Sometimes it doesn't seem obvious but we only have to wait on Him as we patiently endure. I was in the hospital in June for surgery, silently asking Jesus to journey with me through the next 8 hours. As I prepared myself to go into the OR, it occured to me that Jesus is the only Friend who could go the rest of the journey with me, while others quietly prayed for success and a safe recovery. I experienced His presence in a mighty way while being operated on, but I will share more of that on next week's Talk Tuesday blog. I want to share another story with you.
While in the OR waiting room, my family met a lady whose young daughter was on life support with little expectancy of recovery. She began to weep as she recounted her story. This was a DIVINE appointment. The doctors had encouraged this mother to disconnect the machines and allow her daughter to go. They said this was the end. My family members embraced her, went downstairs to visit her daughter and began to pray for Jesus to intervene and heal this young lady who shared the same name as me. Phone numbers were exchanged and I left the hospital 5 days later to begin the arduous journey of recovery. The phone rang in mid-July. It was the young lady's mother. She called to report that her daughter was disconnected from lifesupport and miraculously survived. Her condition still seemed to offer little hope for a full recovery.
Yesterday her mother called again. Her daughter has not only regained consciousness and her appetite, but she is now in the recovery hospital re-learning core skills. I no longer wonder why I walk this journey, I just know that God has an amazing plan along the way. Brothers and sisters, submit unto God your hardships, joys, suffering and success. He will use it for His honour and glory while blessing you in ways unimagineable.

Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

We love hearing from you. Please click on the 'comments' link below to respond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tash,

Thanks for sharing this story. I have a new friend who will be having surgery on Friday October 10. I shared your testimony with her about the Lord's presence with you throughout your surgery, and it was an encouragement to her. I also referred her to this website. Thank you for your faithfulness in sharing your journey with the Lord with all of us. Our flesh is so weak, but these reminders go a long way to remind us to keep hoping and trusting.