Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Talk Tuesday-Your First Love

Do you remember what it is like to fall in love? The sight of the other person incites feelings of ardour and promise. Life seems so much brighter, the future full of hope? The little things previously unnoticeable now calling to attention it's beauty?

As we grow in the knowledge of who that other person truly is, our love begins to mature into a deep passion that seems to somehow anchor our souls-even in the midst of life's storms. When we enter into marriage, all is unmasked. Yet, in the safety of that covenant, we are humbled as we learn the freedom and joy of true love. As years go by, life happens. There are bills to be paid, children to nurture, jobs to be done and valleys to walk through. It can suddenly seem that love is unraveling as life becomes overwhelming. Stop and take stock. Settle yourself to be still and ponder the journey of love. Recall the passion of its first beginnings. Rekindle the fire. Put into perspective everything that has begun to cloud love out. Pray and surrender it to the Lord, Our Maker. Live in the fullness of each day, loving as if today were your last.

Brothers and sisters, the time is drawing nigh. The return of our Lord may not be for generations to come, but the time is drawing nigh.

" I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place..." Revelations 2:2-6 (NIV)

Let us continue to build up our treasures in heaven.

'We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.
Rescue me from my rebellion.' Psalm 39:6-8 (NLT)

Please click on the comments link below to share your thoughts with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My time with the Lord today lead me to reflect on Jesus's sacrifice. When I think about the precious blood of Jesus that was shed for me..... I could only burst out with thanksgiving for Our Father's plan of salvation.

When Jesus said not my will but thy will be done, is reason to be thankful that He stayed the course. Paslm 22:14, says it all, His suffering:

I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.
16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced[c] My hands and My feet;

My gratitude to my first love is in the fact that He made it known that the Father heard His cry and answered, Psalm 22:21 You have answered Me.

Jesus got an answer when he cried out My God, My God why?....... I am thankful that God hears and He answers every time we cry out to Him. What is even restful for me is that he declared:

Psalm 22:31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of His mercy and love. It is so beautiful to be pursued by One so Great. I often have to remember not to hide my love but to let it shine...it is the love of Jesus Christ in me.

Anonymous said...

This post encourages me on two levels ... both to wait for God's best for my life, being mindful that he understands our longings and desires ... in fact He created us with the capacity for them! And, that no love can be higher than the love Jesus has for me, or should be higher than the love I have for Him, as wonderful as love for another human being can be.

Let us continue to let Christ reign in our hearts, setting Him apart as Lord. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the fall publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=bluefox mp4 video converter 1.68.08 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg