Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Testimony Thursday - Tell Your Story


How about sharing how you came to Christ? Was it at church? Did a friend share the gospel with you? Testimonies are a great encouragement to everyone. So tell us your story by clicking on the comments link below.

Here is my Testimony of how I came to Christ:


I grew up going to church. I would say that I was a good person. I was kind to people and stayed out of trouble. When I went to university I did a lot of psychology and philosophy courses and concluded that God was not real. I partied hard, drank hard and lived the university life. I stopped going to church and started believing in myself. Oprah was my friend and I started reading all the books that she recommended.


One day while I was having a conversation with one of my friends about God, he said that he read the whole Koran. I thought, "I came from a Christian background and I never read the Bible." So I began to think about the things of God. While cleaning up my art room I came across a gift from my long lost soul mate and best friend. It was the Footprints poster. I thought about her and decided to see if she was still alive. You see she left the party scene and became a Born Again Christian. I did not hear from her for about three years. I called the old number but she moved. I said, “oh well…maybe it was not meant to be,” only to get a call a few weeks later from her. There is a God ;)


So we went to coffee and it was like old times but the only problem was all she could talk about was Jesus, and He was the furthest from my mind. Every time she said the Name Jesus there was a jab in my heart. Needless to say I did not call her back for a few weeks.


I did finally call her back and we began hanging out together. As I got closer to her, I wanted what she had, that Joy from Jesus. So I began to read my bible and go to church. Then a Christian play came to her church and at the end there was an alter call. The first thing that popped into my mind was ,”you see how they are trying to scare people into becoming Christians.” But at the end of the alter call there was a burning in my heart. I came home that night and wondered what was that feeling in my soul. I began to read my bible more and seek Him. I finally gave my life to Jesus a few weeks later.


All I can say is, “God is good.” He is real and there is no one that can love you like Him. If you are feeling lost and alone, TRY JESUS. You won’t be disappointed. He is the best thing that has happened to me.


Oh, about that girl, I married her. She is the second best thing that has happen to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Prayer Partners

Thank you for praying for my son's tuition fees. The Lord has met the needs mightly. Hallelujah to our Jehovah Jirah.

I was really tested by the Devil and all your prayers went and we won the battle.

God Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

This is a powerful testimony! Thank God for what he has done and continues to do in your life!

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging testimony. And how personal and encouaraging our God is ... He knows the desires of our hearts and knows how best to fulfill them ... starting with salvation and the need to truly know God through faith in Christ, and then with other wonderful blessings such as a mate suited just for you. Praise God for the way He blessed you for your obedience ... by granting you not only salvation, but the love you had longed for.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING STORY!!

Dawn said...

Dear Andrew:
I honestly don't quite know how to thank you for this very honest and candid testimony. I could relate personally to much of it. I have never shared my testimony with anyone, and have been in the process of putting it together in the most thoughtful written format possible. When and if I do, could I perhaps post it here? I've been inspired anew to finally "get it done", particularly since I've read yours.
Thanks again, and I thank God for the way he uses you to minister to us!