Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Talk Tuesday-I Will Wait For You

Greetings my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. My name is Natasha Coombs and I will be speaking to you as a single person who is a Christ follower on the video: “I will Wait For You... by Janette...ikz” - God bless my sister who has used her giftings to bring you glory. I thank both Natasha and Andrew Akam for this opportunity, and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I have always had a heart for spoken word and poetry, but this piece in particular gripped me to the point where I listened to it at least 20 times, and encouraged every family member, friend and co-worker to do the same. I couldn't believe how much God used somebody else to reflect my own past experience.

I too, had sought the companionship from males who did not serve, love, or know God. I so needed to be loved that I was willing to compromise who I was as a believer to try and “help” another man to follow Christ. I knew I was wrong for continuing to be his “friend”. However, I began to make excuses such as he needed me and believed the lies of satan that it was okay to be in a relationship with a non-believer. I felt that my relationship with the Lord was still in tact because I loved God and I was still going to church, still praying and doing all of the “churchy activities”. Scripture clearly states:

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-16.

Even though I knew this scripture, slowly, I began to see my will for my life block out the will that God had for me. I got into arguments with my mother, best friend and family who all tried to persuade me that my life would be destroyed if I continued to be in a relationship with this man. Deep down I can honestly say now that I knew that truth, but ultimately I had lied to myself believing that they were all wrong. I had made up my mind and hardened my heart. My life began to take on a different form where everything I expected to come from that relationship ended up to be a great deal of heart ache and disappointment. The result of my disobedience to God's will in my life and not heading wise counsel was the brokenness that God was trying to save me from.

Although, this was a couple of years ago, I can remember it like it happened yesterday. My heart was in the wrong place, for if I knew how much God truly loved me then I would have trusted Him in that area of my life. I still desire to be married and I will wait for the person that God has chosen for me to walk alongside, however I desire above all else to follow or better yet chase after God and do what He has put me on this earth to do.

For those who are single and waiting, I pray that my testimony would encourage you to wait, for God has the very best in store for your life. Keep your heart hidden in Him: “But, seek first, the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

Love,
Natasha C

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Natasha for this. I can really, really relate! Though I am married now, I use to struggle with why does God take his time soooooooo long when he said 'it's not good for man to be alone'?!! But I guess one positive aspect of this long hard struggle is that it trains us to keep us coming to him in prayer everyday --even though it is many times cause we want to ask him (again!) to give us a companion!haha. Bless u.

Natasha said...

This is very powerful! Thank you Natasha C for sharing your testimony with us, to encourage us.

Beloved said...

Yes... thank You so much for this encouraging post! It is a great feeling to know our faith is being refined as we wait for whatever elusive thing it is that we desire ... and that this same faith is worth more than gold ... more than all people the world over fight and strive over ... Amen!

Anonymous said...

Coombs,

Thank you for posting this. God used your testimony to encourage me today. Waiting is so very, very hard sometimes, especially as you get older but worth it. And I say this as a single woman who is waiting and knows the pitfalls. Trust is difficult but God is faithful. So we hold on to Him and allow Him to meet our needs!

Natasha said...

I praise God and thank you for all of your responses which were very transparent. I'll be the first to say that waiting isn't easy, however God does have a plan for each and every one of us every single day that we live on this earth. For that reason, I don't believe that our "waiting" is something that is done passively, but rather in doing the things God has placed before us. That also means that we don't try to "help" God for he is fully capable of providing all that we need. In that process He teaches and instructs us so that we may become more and more like Him which has eternal weight.
Love ya, Natasha C.

Anonymous said...

Miss Coombs, I thank you so much for directing me to this lovely post. It has spoken volumes into me, more than ever before. This is one of the issues I struggle with as a christian woman...wondering if this desire will be fulfilled.....Just like you, I am a single woman who is waiting on the perfect mate God has designed especially for me. Lately, the wait has become very agonizing, testing my faith on all levels to the point of discouragement....The older I get, the more harder it is to sit still..When this happens, I remind myself of a line in one of my poems that I wrote "....The waiting period in between preparations holds the blueprints to new plans"... To mold and shape us into the masterpieces that he wants us to be...complete in every aspect, lacking nothing...The lord knows the plans he has for us, plans to prosper and not to harm us, to give us a hope and a future --- Simply put, he wants us to have the very best...I hold on to the fact that I must remain hidden for now, along with all my treasures, knowing he is preparing the heart of my future husband...and once his heart is full and completely immersed in God, that is when my godly mate will find me :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Natasha,
I must congratulate you for putting this message on a spread sheet as white as snow, so that others may come to grips see the writing clearly in the mirror of their eyes.Many of us fail to take Godly advice from friends and family and fall into the pit we dug up for ourselves and blame others instead of waiting on the Lord!!!!.