Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Talk Tuesday – Falling in Love With God, Again

Today I was blessed at our men's prayer meeting. I saw two men totally in love, not with their wives, but with God. One was a man so on fire for the Lord that it reminded me of the days when I first came to Christ-all I could do was enjoy being in His presence. Another was an elder in the church still very much on fire for the Lord. I pray that I am still like that when I am his age. At the prayer meeting I felt the Holy Spirit say, “Fall in love with me again.”

 Is God our all? Do we pursue Him as we would the person we love? Are we on fire for Him just as we were when we were first saved? My challenge to you is, “Fall in love with God again!” I know you read your Bible. I know you go to church. But are you totally, madly in love with Jesus? Join me in pursuing God and let's fall in love with Him again.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."   Jeremiah 29:13

Blessings
Andrew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Falling in love with Jesus is the best thing I have ever done. The blessing that comes with this is that He first loved me! Praise His holy and matchless name.

Anonymous said...

I love this post Andrew!
Yes, that fire is there, but does it really burn as bright? I want to say YES of COURSE!?! Duh! But the truth is I haven't been giving God the best of me. Unfortunately He's been getting the last of what I give to my day. I'm going to change that right now!!!! and resolve to give God the First of me.!!! My first Love!

Beloved said...

Amen ... amen ... it's the Holy Spirit drawing us to this kind of passion again ... it is the kind of conversation I have had twice this week already! But this is the kind of love I believe we have to re-develop and protect and strengthen with the Lord to survive the struggles, temptations and battles that we are seeing and will be having in our day. Thanks for this post!