Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Talk Tuesday - Fisher of Men


The Lord led me to Luke 5 as I was doing my devotions the other day. It moved me so much that I plastered it on the wall in my home office. In this scripture we see Peter coming from a night of fishing, disappointed because he did not catch anything. Jesus tells him to go and throw his net into the deep. Peter replies that they were fishing all night and did not catch anything, but he did as Jesus said. God then blessed him with a huge catch they could not contain. Peter fell to his knees.

 Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” Luke 5:10 

 Has God called you to be a fisher of men? 

 We have a young friend that goes with his church to share the gospel in the malls. My father and mother-in-law go out in the streets evangelizing. If God is real then there must be an urgency to share the good news. And it is good news! Your life is a testimony of how good God is. You have tasted and seen that the Lord is good. I know it is hard for some people, it is hard for me but God wants to use you to speak into someone's life. You don't have to go in the street but what about your workplace or your school? We are all called to make disciples.

 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can we not evangelize others? It is the essence of who we are as Christians. Thanks for your post. God bless you both and may HE continue to use you to speak into the lives of us all.