Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Talk Tuesday - Why, Lord, Do You Stand Far Off?



In Psalm 10:1 the psalmist says,

“Why, Lord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?”

Doesn’t it feel like that sometimes? When we are at the lowest it feels like God is not there, but God is there. We can see the light of a candle when it is in a dark room. God reveals Himself most when we go through trials.

Sometimes we feel like the psalmist

“He says to himself, ‘God will never notice; He covers his face and never sees.’”  Psalm 10:11

 If you feel like God has turned His face from you and you cannot feel His presence, consider what is said in verse 17 and 18:

“You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
 You encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
defending the fatherless and the oppressed.”

If you don’t feel Him, He is there. Remember, He defends the Fatherless. He is able to take you through the storm. He is faithful. Look back at your life and remember how He was there for you in the past. The Word of God says that He is faithful.

Psalm 10:12

“Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God.
Do not forget the helpless.”

He did not forget you.

There is a song written by Worship Leader Kari Jobe, titled, I Know That You Are For Me. It is our Movie Monday post for this week. Listen to it and let it minister to your heart. May you feel God’s presence today, in Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I needed this reminder! Thanks Andrew. I am suffering from an affliction, a viral infection I can't shake. I have been wondering why others seem healthy and strong while I'm always dealing with issues. I reminded myself just today that God is stronger than all my problems and that in spite of all I'm going through He is there and in charge. Thnx again. God Is Good.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such an anointed post. Every time the storm I am facing seems to be threatening with renewed vigour, I keep reminding God of His promises and His abiding faithfulness to me the past storms of my life. I am ever aware that although He may seem to be far off, He is actually right here with me giving me the strength and courage to weather the storm while I wait upon His perfect timing.