Thursday, November 14, 2013

Talk Tuesday-Lest We Forget

Lest we forget...

This week we celebrated the tremendous sacrifice of our war veterans. We honoured those who gave their lives so courageously, that we might live in freedom. We wore poppies to remind ourselves of the gift of their sacrifice. On November 11th, we paid homage to our fallen soldiers, with the following words resonating throughout our nation, 'Lest we forget...' Today I say, "Thank you, Lord, for their sacrifice."

Yet, there is a sacrifice of One much greater than a million brave men. One whose sacrifice is so great, that it altered the course of humanity forever. One whose sacrifice wraps up hope in the gift of promise. Sinners are saved. The lost are found. The broken are restored. The blind can see. The prodigal is welcomed home. What a beautiful sacrifice!

I confess, sometimes I forget. Sometimes worry, stress, disappointment, judgment, fear and doubt cloud my memory. So I write this post lest I forget...lest we forget...who JESUS is. HE says:

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep," John 10:11.

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved." John 10:9

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." John 15:1

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25

Remember His sacrifice...lest we forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the awesome reminder! God bless you both tremendously.

Anonymous said...

sincerest condolences!!!!

this is a great reminder. it IS when we're facing illness, death, challenges that are so enormous for us to tackle on our own... His greatness in our weakness.... I heard a similar message in a devotion today... not to live by sight for the stuff we see here and amassing on this earth. But to live by faith, for God, for the things of God....
thanks again for this post