Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Talk Tuesday-Service In The Kingdom of GOD

Each time I cross paths with fellow believers, I am amazed! Many of them serve quietly, unobtrusively yet so powerfully. There are no accolades, no fanfare, no recognition, no awards, yet they soldier on in contended peace and joy. I met another one of them just recently. This Christian was a professional, who used their free time to do missionary work throughout the year. When I met up with them, I casually asked how their missions trips were going. When they told me where they had gone, my jaw dropped and no sound came out of my mouth. I just stared at them with incredulity. I had no words to convey my shock and awe. They simply looked at me, and said, “I know...I know...but if I don't go, who will go?”

The Cost of Following Jesus 
“57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, 'I will follow you wherever you go.' 58 Jesus replied, 'Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.' 59 He said to another man, 'Follow me.' But he replied, 'Lord, first let me go and bury my father.' 60 Jesus said to him, 'Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.' 61 Still another said, 'I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.' 62 Jesus replied, 'No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God,'” Luke 9:57-62.

That day, I received a lesson about service in the kingdom of God. I felt humbled, overwhelmed and inspired. Our time here on earth is short. We need to ask ourselves, 'What are we doing for the kingdom of God?' It is not too late and what you have to give is never too little. Put your hand to the plow, and look ahead! Jesus says, “Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him,” Luke 12:35-36. “You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him,” Luke 12:40.

No comments: